With the Cape Cod Parent Resource Fair rapidly approaching we will be sharing blog posts on our participating sponsors, vendors and nonprofits. You will find out more about these amazing businesses and what they offer to our community. They will be sharing their services, advice, what challenges face our community as well as upcoming events they will be having. Make sure to check out our virtual program and resource guide ahead of the event so you can plan for what you want to see! Childcare is available as well for use during speaker panels. If you preregister for the speakers or childcare you will earn extra raffle tickets-just email us and you will receive tickets at the door! We hope to see you at the Resource Fair!
1. Tell us about your business/non profit and how it benefits local families?
Fleeting Moments Photography was born out of the love of capturing life's fleeting moments. We give back to the community in many different ways and love to capture families on Cape.
2. Where is it located?
We are located in South Dennis but really our office is anywhere you would like to shoot. We travel to a location that is near and dear to your heart so when you look at the photos you are reminded of the significance of the location and people in that photo. If you don't have a location in mind, we can suggest some really beautiful ones.
3. What is your favorite thing about our community?
Cape Cod is a special place where everyone is accepted and I have found that everyone is so inviting and accepting of everyone.
4. How else do you get involved with the community?
We will offer our services to companies or events to help with promoting their cause.
5. What do you think are the biggest challenges facing parents in our community? Parents are faced with challenges that our parents never had to face. In this world of technology it is very important to monitor what our children are doing in every facet of their lives.
6. What is your favorite memory or story over the years involving you and your business?
We have captured many families and some of those family members have passed since our session. I love that I am able to freeze that moment in time and help them remember the moments that mean the most.
7. What advice would you give parents and caregivers in our community?
Take a ton of pictures. Show up in photos. Photos don't have to be taken by a professional photographer to mean something. Our children don't look at us like we look at ourselves. They do not see the flaws in ourselves that we see. They see "mom" or "dad" and we owe it to them to give them those memories.
8. Do you have any specials, events, or anything else taking place this upcoming year that our parents should know about?
Fleeting Moments Photography would love to capture you and your family. For anyone that mentions the resource fair we will take $25 off your session fee. One other thing that I would like to mention is that we are really good at working with children with special needs. I have a child with Aspbergers and from firsthand experience I can tell you that it's not easy. I have taken my experiences and learned to work with children that may have difficulty during a family photo session. There is nothing to be embarassed about with me. To me they are all children that have loving families that want to document their journey. No judgement here.
Cape Cod Moms