Hello ladies and happy Fall. I came across this cocktail list and love the tips and little modifications of our favorite drinks. ENJOY.
These recipies are from the Tracey Anderson fitness website www.traceyandersonmethod.com
1. Mojito Makeover - At a bar? Ask for only a touch of simple syrup (a sugar syrup) to cut about 75 (of the usual 200 calories) per drink. And skip flavored mojitos – juice (or flavored liquors) means higher calories. If you’re making the recipe at home, cut the recommend sugar by 1/4. It’ll still be flavorful without the sugar.
2. Modified Margarita – Order tequila with club soda and a splash of lime juice instead of a traditional margarita. This low-cal order runs 120 calories compared to the 200+ calories in most margaritas.
3. Don’t Do Daiquiris - Don’t got there, if you’re ordering out. These frozen concoctions have tons of sugar and 300-600 calories per drink. Get your frozen drink from mixing one at home using fresh (or frozen) fruit like watermelon or pineapple, ice, club soda, and your alcohol of choice.
4. Vote for Voka Spritzers – Ask for your favorite vodka with club soda, lime, and a splash of juice for a sip that lands around 115 calories.
5. White or Rose Wine Spritzers - The already light choice of white or rose wine (around 100 calories per 4 ounce glass) can be lightened up more by adding club soda to make a 75 calorie drink.
Here are a couple of new ideas.
Makes 1 serving
1.5 ounce silver tequila
1.5 ounce (scant) maple syrup
3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
pinch cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake. Serve over ice in a 10-ounce glass. Garnish with a lemon twist. 135 calories per drink.
Makes 1 Serving
1 ounce Absolut Vodka
(either infused with cucumber or muddled with 2 chunks cucumber)
1/2 ounce honey
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
2 ounces strong cold green tea
Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake. Serve over ice in a 10-ounce glass. Garnish with a lime twist. 134 calories per drink.
For Email Marketing you can trust
Cape Cod Moms