By: Coach Pam Wills
Since my April “Be Your Self” theme has ended, I decided to share my updated playlist of fave inspirational, motivational, get-up-and-go tunes (in no particular order). I’ve linked the song titles to corresponding YouTube videos (not all of them are official music videos by the artists, but the tunes are there and sometimes the lyrics are, too). Lyrics are worth looking up for great inspirational quotes, just Google them.
1) Reach, Gloria Estefan
Motivational fodder for pushing beyond the limits, this was an official theme song for the 2008 Summer Olympics
2) Try to Fly, Eva
Great tune from a super talented songwriter and great friend of mine who creates her magic in Germany
3) Polka Dots, Kami Lyle
I am so lucky to count as friends not one but TWO super talented singer/songwriters! Kami spins her magic right here on Cape Cod
4) Free and Right to Be Wrong, Joss Stone
This hippie chick knows the real deal and how to express it with her crazy hot soul music
5) Brave, Jennifer Lopez
I don’t think this song is well known but it really hits the spot
6) Respect and Think, Aretha Franklin
7) Free Xone and What Have You Done for Me Lately, Janet Jackson
Love the dancing in the “Free Xone” video… “Love your Self” is a great line!… And let’s not forget the quintessential, classic Janet song
8) Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
THE way to rock the joy of being YOU, this song is my newest anthem!!!
9) Express Yourself, Madonna
“Don’t go for second best, baby”… Words to live by
10) Strength, Courage & Wisdom, India.Arie
Just the tip of the iceberg from this singer and her incredibly deep soul
11) King of Anything, Sara Bareilles
“Who cares if you disagree? You are NOT me!”… This song is everyone’s theme song who decides to stop putting up
12) Born This Way, Lady Gaga
Cannot make a list like this without this tune!
13) I’m A Survivor, Destiny’s Child
Beyonce’s antidote to hater poison
14) Shine, Estelle
All about being her Self, this woman knows exactly who she is
15) Brand New Day, Sting
Wait for Stevie Wonder to come and play his harmonica around minute three
16) Hope, Shaggy
“Never give up”… Super cool and inspiring tune by the man him Self
17) The Climb, Miley Cyrus
I know, I know, what am I doing putting a kids’ song on this list??… Just listen, it’s really a great tune about
18) When You Believe, performed by the late Whitney Houston and Maria Carey (from Disney’s The Prince of Egypt)
Inspirational at its best, sung by two powerful divas
19) Girl On Fire, Alicia Keys ft. Nicki Minaj
Caution, super hot video! Lots of fun, too
20) Fighter, Soar and Beautiful, Christina Aguilera
Fabulous tunes, all of them!
Thanks for listening with me! I hope this list:
1) made you smile
2) made you DANCE!!!
3) made you want to forward this to a friend. Why keep a good thing to your Self??
Have a great week!
Cape Cod Moms