By: Coach Pam Wills
Here are a few ideas to help move and shake you out of that comfortably numb state we all slide into now and then… Try a few!
1) Get up on the opposite side of the bed
2) Brush your teeth with the other hand
3) Wear a different color than you usually do (shirt, earrings, lipstick, socks, even pj’s!)
4) Take a different route to work
5) Try a bite of something you’ve never eaten before
6) Look up a new word in the dictionary and use it in conversation as often as possible during the day
7) Have a salad for dinner if you normally eat meat and potatoes
8) Read instead of watching TV
9) Take a walk or do some other physical activity for 20 to 30 minutes WITHOUT music or TV or reading materials to distract you — give your mind some space to just BE
10) Call a friend — don’t use email or Facebook, call!
Do at least three of these things TODAY and see how you feel… pay attention, you might just come up with your next big idea. =)
The BONUS 3
1) Write a poem
2) Move your furniture around
3) Create a mind map (a free-form diagram) of something that’s on your mind or a project you want to complete
Good luck and have fun!
Cape Cod Moms