By Tracy Martin-Turgeon
When the warm weather starts to roll in to summer, chances are you will go swimming at the beach, a community center or a backyard pool. Basic safety tips are essential to ensure safe swimming. Some tips to help make your summer enjoyable.
Making swimming and water play a priority.
Stay safe in your back yard in swimming pools.
· Teach your children basic swimming tips in your pool.
· Making children aware of pool drains, pipes, ladders that may cause them to become stuck or pulled under water.
· Always have a portable phone close by incase you need to call 911.
· If a child is missing, check the pool first.
· Make sure your pool has a lock and gate when not in use.
· Install pool alarms this could possible save a life.
· Maintain your pool so it is operating properly.
· If possible, enroll your child/children in swimming classes.
Enjoy your summer, use safety tips and caution at all times. Drowning statistics have grown over the years. Make this your top priority as a parent to ensure your child is safe at all times near water. Make sure you have a first aid kit handy, a pair of scissors to cut hair or clothing if they get stuck or entrapped, a portable phone, and a flotation device and you will be on your way to an enjoyable summer.
Tracy Martin-Turgeon has been in the field of early childhood education for 22 years. She started with The Children's Workshop in September 1999 as an assistant director and she is currently Vice President of Operations, overseeing seven facilities throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts including Bourne and South Dennis. The Children’s Workshop provides quality child care and early education for Infants, Toddlers, PreSchool, PreK, Before & After School and Summer Camp. For more information visit http://www.childrensworkshop.com/
Grab Our Button
For Email Marketing you can trust
Cape Cod Moms