Cape Cod Moms Adviser Receives a Massachusetts Employer Award for Supporting Mothers in the Workforce
Cape Cod Moms Adviser, Gary DellaPosta, CPA was recently awarded a 2017 Breastfeeding – Friendly Employer Award from the Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition. This award is given to employers who are supportive to breastfeeding mothers and their children. This is the second time our office has received this award. All award recipients were showcased at the Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition annual conference on September 25, 2017 at the Massachusetts Medical Society. The criteria that they look for with employers are:
• A private space for employees to pump/express breast milk or nurse their babies.
• Flexibility for employees to bring young babies to work with them.
• Regular break times or a more flexible work schedule to facilitate pumping/nursing.
• Access to an electric breast pump.
• A refrigerator for storage of expressed breast milk, and sink area for cleaning equipment.
• Services of a lactation consultant.
• Information on workplace breastfeeding support services to all employees.
Congratulations to Gary DellaPosta, CPA on this award and for helping to support working women.
10/30/2017 02:41:49 pm
That's a great award to receive. Employers need to be supportive of breastfeeding moms and it's great to see how supportive they are.
10/30/2017 06:20:15 pm
Kudos! And excellent for getting it a second time. I love seeing companies support nursing moms.
10/30/2017 06:36:12 pm
Congrats. What a wonderful honor.This is truly amazing adn so cool.
10/30/2017 10:12:36 pm
Congrats!! What a great award to get! It's always nice when people support each other instead of putting them down.
10/31/2017 12:40:54 pm
I am loving this award! Kudos to everyone who had the chance to win!
Leave a Reply.
Parent Resource Guide
Travel & Vacations
Cape Cod Birthdays
Cape Cod Family