This Cape Cod Mom is Thankful
By Meghan B
In the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought that I would reflect back on the last couple months with Thirty-One and list what I’m grateful for this season.
· I’m grateful for my Director, she’s great, very encouraging, incredibly supportive, and she’s a good leader. She doesn’t just tell me what to do, she shows me how through her actions and advice. I can only hope that when I become director I will be as good as she is.
· I’m grateful for my friends. I have great friends who support me in this venture very much. Never once have I heard them tell me I’m crazy, that this was a bad idea, that this dream will fade, they encourage me. They let me know I’m doing a good job, they attend my parties, and book parties too, inviting new people that
I haven’t met yet.
· I’m grateful for the upcoming vendor fairs that I have. I have been able to come across some opportunities to spread my name in the community and tell people about my business. I’m so excited to have these vendor events, the more people that I talk to then the faster I can develop a team, donate money back to my community, and help people achieve their goals in life.
· I am grateful that I work as a consultant for Thirty-One. They are an amazing company who really do celebrate, encourage, and reward women. I have had my Director celebrate my successes with me, I’ve had the company send me gifts and prizes for meeting sales goals, the training that I have received from
Thirty-One is amazing. The company provides so many learning tools that it can be overwhelming, but I really feel like I’m part of an amazing company that is leading me on an amazing journey.
· I’m grateful for my family. They have stood behind me and supported me in all of this. My older daughter pitches in and helps with the little kids when we need her to. My husband has never once doubted me in any of this and has been nothing but supportive, not everyone is as lucky as me, and I am so happy for the family that I have.
Until next month :) Meghan
Time flies when you’re having fun!
By Meghan B
I can’t believe that a month has gone by! In the past month I feel like so much has happened. I’ve had the pleasure of hosting four successful parties. I’ve also met two of my companies start swell goals, earned free gifts from Thirty-One, was third on my team for September sales, and booked parties in November and December! I’m so excited! Whew……I’m exhausted thinking back on it. But it’s been so much fun!
Don’t mind my feet in this picture J I wasn’t feeling too well when I took it, but I was really excited to meet my first selling goal and get a gift from Thirty-One.
And then, just the other day I got more gifts for meeting my sales goals! Woo hoo!
I have NEVER thought that I would enjoy direct sales, but I am. It’s giving me a chance to challenge myself, meet and reconnect with people, and get out of my comfort zone. This weekend I will have the opportunity to leave my comfort zone a little more, I’m going to be at a vendor fair, selling some of Thirty-One’s product’s and trying to get my name out in the community so that I can book more parties. I am trying to get out of my circle of friends and family as fast as I can possibly do so. I have AMAZING friends who have been willing to
have parties, but I certainly don’t want to be that friend that is always asking people to have parties. My friends know how much fun I am, now it’s time for strangers to get to know that too :)
By: Meghan B
Let me take a chance to introduce myself, my name is Meghan, and I would consider myself an average hard working mom. I have two children of my own, and a soon to be step daughter. My fiancé and I are getting married next month. This summer, my fiancé and I worked ourselves ragged saving for our upcoming wedding and vacation that we are taking with our family. In the midst of working three jobs I kept thinking to myself, there’s got to be a better way. I was missing the kids so much. There was so much that I wanted to do with them over the summer, but there just wasn’t enough time.
I had always toyed with the idea of getting in to direct sales. I’ve researched the subject a ton of times and whenever I went to a Pampered Chef or any other type of party, I always checked off that I was interested in
learning more about becoming a consultant, I just never followed through. This summer I went to a Thirty-One gifts party at my friends house, it was the second time I has been to one within a year. It’s funny though; there wasn’t anything special about this party that made me decide to sign on as a consultant. I didn’t even ask for info on becoming a consultant this time.
I eventually began talking with the consultant that hosted the party, and I did MORE RESEARCH. I started reading about direct sales online, I downloaded books about direct sales…..it was consuming my mind. If I have learned anything…it’s that if I can’t stop thinking about doing something…then I need to just take the plunge and do it. So I decided to sign up. I became a consultant with Thirty-One gifts on 8/15/13.
A short time later my starter kit arrived. I was so excited, it was like Christmas!
I was so nervous about starting this endeavor. I kept talking to friends, family, co-workers, anyone that I thought would be supportive of me selling Thirty-One gifts. I found that I had a lot more support out there than I thought I did.
I made a decision when I started Thirty-One, I decided that I’m going to start on this journey to be able to spend more time with my family in the long run. These faces are the reason why I am going to work as hard as I can at being a consultant.
I’ve set a goal for myself to become a director for Thirty-One gifts. I know that it’s going to take dedication, and hard work, but I will get there.
I hope that you will enjoy hearing about my journey on the way to becoming a director.
In the mean time if you would like more info on Thirty-One gifts please take a look at my website:
Until next month :) Meghan
Parent Resource Guide
Travel & Vacations
Cape Cod Birthdays
Cape Cod Family