Monday night, May 12th from 8-10 pm, The British Beer Company in Falmouth Heights will be hosting a Ladies Night event including several local vendors, raffles and wine tasting.
Proceeds from the evening will benefit the family of Leo Finn, a BBC employee and friend who lost his battle with cancer earlier this year. Leo left behind a wife and three children; his wife and oldest child still work for the BBC. He was also the biggest supporter of fund raising events in the company, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars in his tenure with the company for great local and national groups.
Vendors at the event will include:
Cape Cakes by Kristen
Alison Wells with Mary Kay
Partylite by Annie Lee Speroni
Athenas by Katrina
Bzzyfingers handmade children's items by Melissa Oliveira
Lia Sophia with Brooke Kowalski
A fun filled night with good friends, fun vendors, great raffle prizes, and fund raising for a local Cape Cod family are what the evening is about. Tuck the littles in bed and grab your BFF for a night out! Make a night out of it by grabbing dinner or appetizers with the girls.
This is a family friendly event and is not limited to just the ladies. For more information, "like" the British Beer Company Falmouth Heights facebook page and check out the event listing!
BBC : https://www.facebook.com/BritishBeerFalmouth
Each month I try to write a good amount for each post. But sometimes this Mom gets busy and so I often will just write something short& sweet. So here is my first “Short & Sweet” post.
A nice red, a chilled white, really just pour me a glass already.
We moved to the Cape a year and a half ago and that fall as we settled in my son started pre-school in Eastham. Almost every week picking him up we’d drive home and after the rotary we would continue on 6 towards Brewster and along that stretch of the road there is almost always one of those big empty liter bottles of wine. A couple weeks ago I noticed two. It got me thinking, where did this wine come from, what is its back-story. As a breastfeeding Mom I have had a (one ok maybe two) glass here and there, not too often, or is it not often enough?! So if you find yourself heading down route 6 after the rotary, look along the side of that road and perhaps you too will notice that random wine bottle and come up with your own backstory for it. But I really think some Mom and her girlfriends enjoyed that bottle and had some laughs. How it ended up on the road though who knows.
Perhaps this bottle and the 2nd bottle fell off a truck en route to a dump, or on the way to be recycled, could it be that simple. Could it be teenagers sneaking wine out of their parent’s fridge or liquor cabinet and then
tossing the evidence in the woods behind their house, note I do not condone teen-age drinking. Then I noticed the trend of these Mom’s and women old timey posts online about wine and I think that wine is definitely from a Mom. I’m not sure why it ended up on the side of the road, but it’s from a Mom. Winter is
almost over, but in these winter months when it’s harder to get outside with the kids and find things to keep them busy even the tons of toys they have are not enough, at the end of the day when your little cuties are in bed sleeping away looking so innocent and cute, it’s nice to finish off your evening with a glass of wine. I think it’s well deserved, along with some mindless viewing of something on the DVR.
I’m not saying you need to self-medicate with wine, or it’s the crutch that gets us through the day. But after bedtime I like to have a glass of wine or beer before I myself go to bed. It’s not a 7-day a week treat, but it is a treat that I look forward to some evenings. So Cheers to you, whether it’s 2-buck chuck or a more expensive label enjoy and although we got snow last night, today is officially the last day of winter. Bring on the margaritas!
One lucky Cape Cod Mommies member will receive a “Mommy Pampering Package”, which will include a Manicure and Pedicure! I am sure 100% of you have felt at times that you needed to just hide in a corner or in your room. Maybe crawl up in the bed and pull the covers over your head and hope that no one finds you for a little while! Well it is time to take a Mommy Time Out and reward yourself. We think you are fabulous and you are doing the most important job in the world-so some YOU time is really important!
Check Out Our Contest Details To Enter Now!
This contest is all about fun and getting to know each other a little more!
To enter your chance to win the follow these simple steps (you can choose do as many or as few as you wish, but you will have a better chance if you do more! You can only do each thing once so at most you have 3 entries unless you refer multiple friends to our FB page):
1. Post on Cape Cod Mommies Facebook Page or comment on this blog, telling us what your favorite Mommy Time Activity is! For example: “My favorite mommy activity is enjoying my coffee early in the morning, when the house is absolutely still, and watching the sky lighten outside the sunroom windows.”
2. Refer a friend to our FB page who LIKES our page. - 1 entry This friend once they LIKE our page will need to comment on the FB page that you referred them for you to get your entry credit as we have no other way of tracking who referred who.
3. Post in our discussion board on Cape Cod Mommies - 1 Entry
1. All participants must follow the guidelines from contest.
Please email email@example.com if you need help.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Eligibility is limited to 1 prize per household.
5. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days unless otherwise stipulated during the contest
6. Winners may be required to pick up prizes during business hours.
7. Failure to claim prizes within allotted time may result in forfeiture of prize(s).
8. Prizes not redeemable for cash or their merchandise.
9. Winners consent to the use of their name/picture/likeness without compensation for advertising or publicity purposes.
10. Cape Cod Mommies organizer is not eligible.
11. Sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages arising from the prize(s) awarded in this contest.
12. Additional restrictions may apply depending upon prizes being awarded, or contest sponsor rules.
13. All federal, state and/or local laws and regulations apply.
14. All Decisions are final.
Please note: Contest ends at 11:59 PM EST October 1, 2011. One winner will be randomly selected by random.org. The winner will be notified via our FB page, our website and via email if possible. The contest winner will have 48 hours to respond, if no response is received, then another winner will be selected.
Contest Sponsored by: Cape Cod Mommies
Cape Cod Moms