By: Suzanne Golden, M.S., CCC-SLP
We are getting ready for Easter and this upcoming weekend we are going to dye eggs. As always, I look for ways to tie in speech/language tasks to our activities! Here are some suggestions for how to incorporate speech/language skills into egg dying.
Egg-Dying/Easter Vocabulary Words:
· Egg Hunt
· Egg White
While you prepare the dye:
· Talk about the different colors of egg dye that you will be using
· Allow your child to help you measure and mix the ingredients
· Consider blending some of the colors to create new colors and talk about how this happens
Before you dye the eggs:
· Use a white or clear crayon to write/draw on the eggs – once the eggs are dyed you will be able to see what you drew
· Write letters to work on letter identification
· Draw shapes to work on shape recognition
· Have your child write his/her name
While you dye the eggs:
· Think and talk about some of the vocabulary words listed above as you mix, dip, dye and dry your eggs!
After you dye the eggs:
· Check out the letters and shapes you drew on the eggs
· If your child is a beginning reader, use the letter-eggs to spell out some CVC words
· Use describing words to talk about an egg and have your child guess which egg you are describing
· Hide the eggs and use direction words to find the eggs
· Crack one of the eggs open and talk about the different parts of the egg
As always, every task can be a learning experience that is full of language if you make it that way for your child! Enjoy and I hope you and your child create some awesome eggs!
Golden Speech Therapy
Suzanne Golden, M.S., CCC-SLP
5/3/2014 02:31:47 pm
This is a great educational idea. Very fun to do while coloring.
11/12/2020 09:38:23 am
Home Curtain, Blinds wholesaler showroom in Chennai. We deals with all kind of Motorised Curtain in Chennai.
11/17/2020 06:13:50 am
Now Book your Outdoor Ads and Display Ads by all types of Outdoor through Eumaxindia Advertising Agency in Chennai
Leave a Reply.
Parent Resource Guide
Travel & Vacations
Cape Cod Birthdays
Cape Cod Family