Peanut Butter Eggs
It is spring time now and Easter just passed which means Reese’s Easter Peanut Butter Eggs are on sale. I love peanut butter and chocolate and I use to love Reese’s Easter Peanut Butter Eggs but now can’t bring myself to buy them. But I came across a recipe from Minimalist Baker that I thought I would try with a few modifications. I think they came out really well next time I might use Green and Black’s 70% dark chocolate instead.
Peanut Butter Eggs
Modified from the Minimalist Baker
1. Add dates to a food processor and process until only small bits remain. Next add almonds and peanuts to the food processor and mix until they turn to meal – a few small chunks are OK.
2. Next add peanut butter in 1 Tbsp at a time (8 Tbsp) until the mixture forms a loose dough. If it seems too wet to handle, add almond pulp or more peanuts. If it seems too dry, add more peanut butter. Refrigerate for 5 minutes so it's easier to shape.
3. Scoop out large rounds of dough - heaping 1 Tbsp - and form into an "egg" shape. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop in the freezer to harden for about 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments. Then work in small batches to coat the "eggs." Take just 1 egg out of the freezer at a time for dipping - otherwise they'll get too soft to dip well.
5. To dip, drop eggs one at a time into the chocolate, flip once, pick up with a fork and gently tap on the rim of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. A little excess is OK. Place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet and pop back in the freezer to set.
6. Repeat until all eggs are dipped, re-warming chocolate as needed.
7. For optimum freshness, store eggs in an air-tight container in the freezer or fridge until serving.
What are your favorite Spring recipes? Have you tried any new recipes?
Usborne Books & More Independent Educational Consultant
I am always looking for people to join my Usborne team, host parties (Facebook or home), or just share these wonderful books! For more information visit my website or contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plus follow me on Instagram
Cape Cod Moms